Wednesday, September 7, 2011

2011 Raya Holidays + SAFRA Bay Run (September 2011) !


Singapore – I just love the place !!! Thanks to Marriott Vacation Club (MVC) promotion, Jenny signed up for a 3D2N stay @ Marina Bay Sands at a much discounted price (S$498+) versus a night’s room rate of S$450+ alone !! and we were lucky to have been upgraded to a city-view Premier Room ! Check out the awesome view !!!

We spent the 3 days just around the bay area, amazing ! So much to see and do.. Pretty much a man-made area nestled among heritage landmarks.






Of course I signed up for SAFRA Bay Run when I saw the run was on and the date co-incides with my trip ! I must say this is among the best runs I have ever participated ! Even though it was just a 10km run, the route was scenic, break-taking, well controlled traffic, lots of water stations, mist stations, cheer leaders along the way in the form of bands and music.. The only complain is probably the narrow stretch (2 lanes) along the Esplanade opposite the Marina Square where many walkers were blocking the path and we had to push and squeeze in between to be able to maintain the pace and momentum..

I didn’t get my official 10k PB but this is my actual PB @ 10k since the SPCA Charity 10k Run was only 9.3km and my PB was 53:34 ! But who cares ! My next target is to dip <50mins for a 10k !!

Time : 54:38 mins
Distance: 10.3km
Pace : 5:19mins/km






The results posting is also the best I have ever seen. So much details and analysis done.. Check it out !











I hope to make it back next year, hopefully to tag along a trip or something like that lah !!

No comments:

Post a Comment