Friday, February 15, 2013

A lost-my-way intervals ! What a 2/14 to remember....

2/14 - this was supposed to be a short run before coming home for dinner.. The cold and chilly weather has not been favorable for runs but I still need to prepare for my up-coming 2 FMs.. So I head to the Thude Park @ 6.10pm.. The sun has set @ 5.45pm during winter time..
I had wanted to do a short 5km interval, the usual Galveston-Dobson-Ray-Price 1 square loop.. Well, I ended up almost double the distance !! I was a lost-my-way intervals.
The 16deg C cold + strong chilly wind + dusk + hunger must have caused the hallucination.. I was too focused on my intervals and lost track of the number of roads I crossed.  I was doing great at 5:50 > 4:40 intervals at 1km each. When I hit into Warner Road, I realized I had taken the wrong route, and it was getting colder and almost dark.. Panic set-in. So instead of trying to take new routes, I decided to run back the same route and found my way to Dobson, and then Galveston.. I could feel my cold sweat broken out.. Pheww.. Else would have been dangerous with the temp dropping and me sweating away, a pneumonia risk !
Great run nonetheless.. avg ~5:50 > ~4:40 pace @ 1 min intervals..
I am now a masked runner - wearing a bandana to protect my neck and pulled up half way to cover my face in order to filter the cold air :-)

No more run for the next 2 days.. I hope I am ready for the IMA Arizona Marathon.. No cramps please, fingers crossed !!!!

The route..

No comments:

Post a Comment