Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rock to Rock Run - They Really Rock !!

28 October 2012 - Rock to Rock Run report and again, way behind in schedule !  So on 28th Oct, I did the Rock to Rock Run organized by Hard Rock Hotel. While it was a 4km run last year, it has since improved and expanded to a 10.2km competitive run (while maintaining the 4km as fun run), and with a whopping 1,500 participants !  The route was a scenic Hard Rock Hotel to Butterfly Farm and back. Just like last year, they have great prizes for best dress runners and many of them came dressing up for the occasion, among them, I think the best one was the Elvis impersonator by KK Yum (all the way from KL) !  I picked up Chris, just like last year, except that this time, Chris was all geared up to run while  he was limping on his crutches last year..  I met the usual Penang running kakis while also met up Jimmy HH Lim from KL whom I passed Karim’s running vest to.
The race was supposed to start at 7am but was delayed 5mins+ due to Lydia’s late arrival and it was not joke when the Rapid bus tried to maneuver through the road filled with runners. This is really one safety lapse. Other than that, the race was very well-organized. 2 thumbs up !
I started the race trying to match Karen and Bee Hong, and soon, it became catching up with them.  I did 4:30 pace for the first 3km before fizzled out with a 4:50 for the first 5km at the turn in Butterfly Farm. The first half was a mostly uphill route and it has taken the wind out from me. Pure foolhardy to try that crazy pace. After the turn, it was mostly downhill, and literally so in terms of my runs ! I spent a lot of time jogging and brisk walking and before long, the hot sun started to take its toll on me. The 2nd 5km pace ? A poor 5:50 pace.

Distance : 10.22km
Time : 54mins
Pace : 5:17’/km



Near finishing point

with SL Chen and Alan Leong (all the way from Ipoh)

With Edmund and Chris

With Rahim (left), Abdul Rahman (3rd from left), Qammarulzaman (right most) and friends

With Chris. Took the same pic on the same spot last year I remember.. LOL

With Rahim and Ramlan

With Wong Jin Ji and SK Leon


Finisher medal

Finisher medal


Cert, Bib, Finisher Medal


No comments:

Post a Comment