Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tanjung Run 10km - final tune-up to PBIM

10 Nov 2012 - Tanjung Run 10km. Interestingly, Tanjung Run was supposed to be my very first race when I decided to start running in 2009. But I chickened at the end, and went straight into PBIM 2009. Somehow, I never manage to participate in any Tanjung Run in 2010 and 2011 and was never going to let go of this opportunity this time. It was held to co-incide with the Governor’s Birthday and just a week’s before the PBIM. My objective were to run a good decent race and not to aggravate any injury especially the nagging shin pain. The route was pretty much a flat one around the Padang Polo à pass thru governor’s house à General Hospital àAnson Road à Macalister Road à Dato Keramat Road (the KDU side) à back into Rangoon Road and then make a turn into Pulau Tikus before leading back to St Georges and back to Padang Polo (Jalan Sepoy Line).  The race started at 7am, not my favorite time as it gets hotter towards the 8am finishing time.
This race also saw man of my colleagues participating and I am glad many are taking up running as a form of exercise.. They were Edmund Goh, Evelyn Teoh, James Boo, Lim Chong (an avid runner), Bob Thor, PS Lim. Logan was MIA, preparing cookies for Deepavali.  I started out strong and fast as usual, never learned my lesson. At 4th km, my shin pain got the better of me, and I had to take a brisk walk and started jogging. By then, I ‘lost’ the motivation to do a decent time. I just want to end the race respectably and injury-free. Many runners over-took me. Since there’s an age-group raced, there were many youngsters, as young as probably 12-13 years old running, and boy, they did very well !!
So overall, a 5:28’/km wasn’t the worst of time but had I hv to complete 10km, I am sure it will be a close to 5:50 pace !  Thank God it was a shorter race.

Distance : 8.78km (thank God it is shorter, hence reduced my agony !)
Time : 47:55mins
Pace : 5:27’/km (5km split : 5:10 & 5:50)
Tanjung Run 2012

at finishing point

With Edmund, Evelyn, Bob Thor and Dr Sim

Waiting for the rest to come back


Love this pic.. With Chris as well. and James Boo

Cert, Bib and medal

No comments:

Post a Comment