Sunday, February 12, 2012

2/12/2012 - A run & a bike...

2/12/2012..

10.3km Run with Chris Nielson - Not my usualy solo 6am run today. Chris is coming back after the nasty fall a few months back.. Cleared to run 12 days ago by the doctor. Today was his longest run (10km) in months as he had done some 5Ks the last few days.. So, had a great time pacing him, did around 1:06 for 10.3km (Gurney Drive, in front of Gurney Plaza - Straits Quay - Tanjung Bungah Hotel and back) with a couple of short stops due to cramps but a very encouraging run nonetheless ! Felt good. Running from Gurney Drive seems a better option - safety (brighter, more cars and more people already walking at 5am++), avoid the long lonely stretch of Gottelieb Road.. Will make Gurney Drive as my starting point moving forward..

My first ride on a bicyle in >20 years ! - Got Jenny's folding bike last night, a Raleigh U-GO brand, black color @ RM750. Took the kids to Youth Park at around 10am. In fact, I was the one feeling excited in riding a bicyle again after all these years.. Just look at the RunKeeper GPS tracking.. I was going round that small skating/cycling rings, racing with the kids and lapping them... I think I let go of my old bicycle when we moved from Jalan Bagan Serai to Maccallum Street Ghaut, 1988.. So that's 24 years ago !! Wow.. Love the folding bike.. Small and nimble but I am still getting my roadbike soon.. A Giant.. Been looking at SCR, hovering slightly over RM2K.. Must get the bike within the next 2 weeks, no more procrastination !

No comments:

Post a Comment