Saturday, April 7, 2012

Swim, Bike, Run - My own tri- version :)

6th April (Fri) - did another long (at least long to me :)) swim at USM. This is my first visit since I renewed the membership a month ago. Did a 30x50m swim in 35mins. Overall, a nice swim but way too many swimmers especially the girls who just play by the side of the pool and soon, it became an obstacle race to avoid them. Hope it's not normally like that ! Area for improvement : 1. I need to improve my freestyle technique, still not optimum, 2. more consistent pace. Breathing can be improved. Leg 1

7th April (Sat) - Since i have a gathering with MJ and gang at 9am @ Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and will have a little more time to spare, I decided not to do a long run but a fast 10k instead, and a combo with biking. Well, that's also in preparation for the relay next Sunday too ! Met up with Chris at 6am and did a fast-paced first half before 'tapering' off a bit in the 2nd half. 1km split as follows.. Leg 2

Overall
Distance: 10.67km
Time: 58:10
Avg Pace: 5:27min/km

Splits
1km - 4:54mins
2km - 4:39
3km - 5:14
4km - 5:17
5km - 5:11
6km - 5:50
7km - 5:58
8knm - 6:15
9km - 5:50
10km - 5:13

After the run, took a short break before embarking on my very first road bike, literally... since all these while, I have been biking around my neighborhood only, not exactly a "public road".. Since I was running short of time, I decided against riding to Straits Quay and ended up doing a few loops at Gurney Plaza, from the IJM fountain to the 8 Gurney and back. Only 11km but a good workout nonetheless.. Leg 3

Overall
Distance:11.26km
Time: 27:54mins
Speed: 24.2km/hr

Looking forward to the Round the House relay next Sunday and in the meantime, will be beefing up my swimming and biking the next few days... which means less run..

Countdown to my next Full Marathon ---> 1 month + 22 days @ Sundown Singapore...

No comments:

Post a Comment