Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Phoenix Marathon - 2 March 2013

I just signed up my 3rd run in Arizona ! I am all set for the PF Chang's AZ RnR @ 20 Jan..
The Desert Classic is an unknown now that I want to spend more time over the precious weekends with the family and the Surprise trip is 1 hr+ one way.. Pretty long drive actually. Will most likely skip and do a trial run somewhere.
As for my 3rd run, it'll be Phoenix Marathon on 2 March 2013 !

Registered. US$105 (registration fees : US$99).

Some useful FAQs:

Where is packet pick-up, and when?

Location:Road Runner SportsTempe Marketplace
43 S. McClintock Dr.
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 968-2022Directions
When:
March 1st Friday 10am-9pm

Do I need to ride the bus to the starting line?

Yes. There is no parking available at the starting line.

What time & where do I need to get on the bus?

The first bus will leave at 4:00 A.M., and the last bus will leave at 5:15 A.M. The buses will pick runners up at the corner of Dobson Rd. and Bass Pro Dr.

Is there a place I can drop off my sweats during the marathon?

Yes. At the starting line a truck will take items back to the finish. We highly recommend you put your items in a bag with your race number on it. This will help sort your items at the finish area. Clothing dropped at any other point along the course will be considered a donation to charity.

What is the average temperature on race day?

The average temperature at the start is 52 and the average temperature at the finish is 68. Our race starts early, so you will finish the race well before the high of the day, and March offers very mild temperatures in Phoenix.

 

The Route Map - Usery Mountain Park to Tempe

Elevation Map - mostly downhill !!

No comments:

Post a Comment