Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fasting (Aug 17)

Well.. well.. well.. I did the fasting today, and I mean a real fast (puasa) from dawn to dust today !!

Wuhuuu.. Congratulations and a small pat on my back. I decided to do the fast to test my endurance and also allow me to understand the fasting rituals better of my Muslim friends.
Started with the "sahur" (which is the pre-dawn meals). Alas, I was late in waking up and I managed to swallow 2 small High-5 buns1 full bottle of water (I think 1.5 liters size) followed by a 400ml of Nutrimeal.. That's it.. right before 5.30am !! Then off to work !

It's actually not that bad. Of course when it's almost 11-ish, the stomach started to growl. I tried to keep myself busy by working and that helps !! After 3pm, it was plain sailing.

I had wanted to go for a 5k run @ USM but the cloudy weather put paid to that..

Originally bought 2 meatball for buka puasa but ended eating at home with some pasar Ramadhan curry chicken and fried cempedak !

No small feat, though just for a day (14 hrs fasting to be exact) :)

Now planning for my 2nd fasting on Aug 18..

No comments:

Post a Comment