Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday (8/15) 22K combo run

I had one of the best run, and also the longest, on Sunday ! Thoroughly enjoyed it. This is also the day I don’t have any distraction and engagement for the day, so I didn’t hv to rush home immediately after the run. What started out as an LSD turned out to be a combination of various runs.. I usually run 15-16k using the Youth Park-Straits Quay-Tanjung Bungah Hotel-and back route for my LSD.

So as usual I arrived around 5.40am, did some stretching and I saw the big group started running. I decided to join them for a run and it turned out to be a 10k pace run for the first 5k (@5.50) and then I was left alone as the group made a U-turn back at Tesco Tanjung Pinang, ie the 5k mark. I decided to slow down a bit ran at 6:30 (a HM pace for me) for the next 5k. I guess I had enough gas in me that morning that I decided to run to the clock tower via the Gurney Drive way. The few young runners that morning was also an added motivation for me to run with them. I ended up looping the Esplanade clock tower and back via Gurney Drive. I can feel my speed work increases slightly, better leg power and cardio too ! So overall, a 5k@10k pace, 5k@HM pace, followed by a 12k LSD@~7.00.. Took me 2:32hrs to complete the 22k run in total.. Sore feet after the race but worth it, enjoy now, pay later !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment