Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hiking - my first training in months !!

I did my first hiking in months @ the Bukit Jambul Hill.. and also preparing for the Dnonce Hiking Challenge so that I don't just show up at the hiking on 22 April without any hiking 'mileage'.. Did 62mins 3 rounds ascend & descend Bkt Jambul, with 2 mins reast in between.. No jokes.. It's crazy ! So on average it's 9.5-10.5mins up and down.. This is the toughest I hv done.. Usually did one round.. I must hv burst my lungs & heart muscles.. and it's dangerous.. I was so exhausted and felt uneasy the whole night. Really thought I would die from heart attack in my sleep ! Thank God.. I am OK by the morning. So no more such vigorous hiking. Will take it easy moving forward. Was thinking of doing the Competitive Hike. Now, it's gonna be FUN HIKE for me !! No way for compatitive unless I want to be brought down dead !!

At the same time, I tried on my heart rate monitor (HRM) for the 1st time.. Alas.. battery kong.. So I need to change that. I must start to track my heart rate so that I keep a good monitor on it and not pushing over the limit. Anyway, I got weird looks from others because I was wearing my Sundown vest and the side sleeve revealed the black strap. People must have been thinking why this guy wears a bra and it didn't help because I keep adjusting it (too loose) :)

As for my Brooks Cascadia 7 trail shoes - perfect start.. Love it ! stable and well protected.. and it glows in teh dark too :) Flourescent Yellow & Green - you can't go wrong with it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment