Friday, March 16, 2012

Teluk Kumbar Cross-Country 2012.... so looking forward to it..

Races seems hard to come by these days.. or rather I have not been signing up with many races in the first 3-4 months this year.. The last race was in early Jan, so that's about 2.5 months ago. Most of the races will come in end April, May and June (including 2 marathons)..
Because of that, I am so looking forward to this Sunday's cross-country run.. even though it's just a short 6km run (imagine, 40-49 years veteran only run 6km, while the Open runs 8km).. C'mon, we oldies can run 8km also lah :)
This will be my 2nd time running this, missed that last year and i think I was doing a race in KL or something like that lah..

Recap:
1) Teluk Kumbar has such a spectacular view of sunrise.. Must bring my iPhone to snap2.
2) Never forget the yellow slip. I misplaced mine the last time and had to scramble looking for it in my car.. Glad that I found it, else could not start the race and not entitled to the medal/cert !
3) No need to go so early. I remember I was among the first 10 to arrive, still so dark then..
4) Bladder - toilet will be a problem.. Need to control hydration
5) Beach run - danger of the ropes tied to the boat.. Saw a couple of runners tripped and fell.. So self-reminder.. But the breah-taking sunrise view will take whatever tiredness and fatigue away.

Run Safe, Run Happy !

No comments:

Post a Comment