Sunday, January 30, 2011

My January 2011 run wrap-up

Jan 30 - My maiden venture outside Botanical Gardens.. I did the Clock tower loop !

Reached Botanical Gardens @ ~6.30am.. Then, instead of going into Botanical Gardens as usual, I decided to run the Clock Tower loop since the weather was pretty cold and I saw a few runners started running at Youth Park area. Well, at least I will have some company as it'll be eerie to run alone during that time - darkness, dog etc..

The route covers Botanical Garden -> Youth Park -> Gottelieb Road -> Gurney Drive -> Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah -> Bayview Hotel -> Esplanade -> round the Clock Tower and back.

The first 7km was great, all the way until Boon Siew's mansion.. That probably hit my limit of non-stop running. hehe.. Some jogs and then I started running. The groin pain was acting up, so I had to slow down especially during Sultan Ahmad Shah & Gurney on the run back. A quick 100 Plus from the 7-11 shop at least rejuvenated myself and I started running back to Botanical Gardens.

This marks the end of January run..
Clock Tower Run: Distance : 15.8KM (PB) Time taken : 1 hr 46 mins (106 mins) (PB) Speed : 8.94KM.hr Pace : 6.71mins.KM

I managed to snap some photos along the way.. so it was a great run + photography session indeed !

Early morning at Gurney Drive (L) and Esplanade (R)


Clock Tower @ Esplanade



The High Court



Gurney Drive (on the run back) and G Hotel CNY Bunny decoration



Gurney Drive at both ends

No comments:

Post a Comment